Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Audition/leaving for the weekend

So today I had my audition with Full Cast Audio for the audiobook I mentioned in an earlier entry. I thought my reading went over very well, and the guy I met with (Dan) seemed to be impressed. We practiced the passage once before he had me put it on tape, and he let me go through the whole thing without stopping me. He said afterwards that he usually stops actors and coaches them or suggests they try something different, but he didn't see any problems with what I did. So then he had me read the passage into the microphone. They'll keep my sound sample on file and use it for matching me up to roles in the future. He made no guarantees that I'll wind up getting offered a role, but he seemed very pleased with what I could do. It turns out the company is a smaller operation than I originally thought, and they don't pay their actors very much. But I'd still be excited about it if I got offered a role. For one thing, I think it would be a lot of fun. For another, participating in something like this would be a big help getting voice work in the future (if I decide I'm interested in doing that). Last but not least, Bruce Coville does in fact own and run the company (I think I mentioned before that I was unsure about the extent of his involvement), and Dan told me that he and Bruce split the directing/producing duties about 50-50 for all the books they record. So there's a good chance I'd be working directly with Coville if I got hired, which would be awesome. It's always great to get a chance to meet one of your childhood heroes, let alone work with the guy.

As previously mentioned, I'm going home this weekend for Darren's bachelor party and my cousin's high school graduation. I'll be driving home sometime tomorrow afternoon, and I'm sure I won't have time to blog while I'm there (lots of stuff going on this weekend, it's going to be very hectic but I'm sure it will be a good time), so this will probably be my last entry until Sunday night, at the earliest (unless something interesting happens, which prompts me to write an entry before I hit the road tomorrow).

No comments: