Sunday, December 14, 2008

NFL Week 15 Picks

Hey gang,

Considering the Bills have lost 6 of their past 7 games, I'm finding it difficult to muster up much enthusiasm about the NFL right now. But I shall continue picking, because that's what I do. I recommend this article on NFL.com by Nick Bakay, a pretty funny guy and Buffalonian. This article says pretty much everything I have to say about the Bills-Toronto experiment. On to the picks!

New Orleans at Chicago: BEARS. I actually remembered to make my picks in time for the Thursday game this week, and was rewarded with a 1-0 start, although the Bears made me sweat for it.

Washington at Cincinnati: REDSKINS. Washington has been struggling lately, but I think they should still beat the Bengals.

Tampa Bay at Atlanta: FALCONS. Calling an audible here. I had originally picked Tampa, but with two closely matched teams I might as well take the home field advantage, plus Jeff Garcia is injured and may not play in the game.

Detroit at Indianapolis: COLTS. Three more games, guys. Just three more, and you will be 0-16.

San Diego at Kansas City: CHARGERS. As disappointing as the Bills have been, the Chargers (or the Browns) might be the league's biggest disappointment. They looked poised to become one of the NFL's elite teams at the start of this year, and now they're not even going to win the weakest division in football.

Green Bay at Jacksonville: PACKERS. Green Bay and Jacksonville are also contenders for the "most disappointing team" award.

Tennessee at Houston: TITANS. The Falcons and Dolphins have been great stories, but I think the coach of the year award must go to Jeff Fisher of the Titans. People thought the Titans would contend for a playoff spot this season, but no one expected this. I still don't think Tennessee will win the Super Bowl (actually, I don't even think they'll get to the big game) but getting this team to 12-1 is an impressive feat, especially considering they switched starting quarterbacks early in the season and never missed a beat.

Seattle at St. Louis: SEAHAWKS. Earlier, I called the AFC West the weakest division in football. Looking at the NFC West, I might have to reconsider that position.

San Francisco at Miami: DOLPHINS. As you will understand after reading the Nick Bakay article, I hate Miami and always will. That's why it gives me satisfaction that, even though there's a good chance the Fins make the playoffs, they will surely get blown out once they get there. They've been on a hot streak lately, but I don't know if there's ever been a less impressive hot streak in football. They struggled to beat the Raiders and Seahawks at home. The Raiders. And the Seahawks. And they might have lost to the Bills if it had been a real home game for Buffalo.

Minnesota at Arizona: CARDINALS. One of the toughest calls of the week. But Arizona is tough to beat at home, Frerotte might not play, and I think the Cards are a slightly better team than the Vikings all around. Still, anything can happen when Adrian Peterson is involved.

Buffalo at New Jersey Jets: JETS. God, please just let it be over soon.

Denver at Carolina: PANTHERS. Denver's 8-5 record looks pretty good. Their 8-6 record won't look so good, especially after Carolina beats the living hell out of them.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore: STEELERS. I believe Pittsburgh clinches the division with a victory today, since they beat the Ravens earlier in the season. It will be a tough road game, but I think Pittsburgh can pull it off. When I said earlier that I don't think Tennessee will make it the Super Bowl, you might have wondered who I think will get there from the AFC. The answer: these guys.

New England at Oakland: PATRIOTS. But an upset is not out of the question. New England does not seem to enjoy the west coast. Can't blame them there.

New York Giants at Dallas: GIANTS. Should be an entertaining one.

Cleveland at Philadelphia: EAGLES. Philly suddenly looks like a good team again, but I think it's going to be too little, too late. Even if they go 10-6 (or even 11-5) they could miss the playoffs by a spot or two.

That's all for this week. Enjoy.

-Niztradamus

No comments: