Monday, August 25, 2008

Got my computer, classes start tomorrow.

So the UPS situation resolved itself nicely today. I drove out to the pickup center first thing this morning and they had the package ready for me. I was in and out in about five minutes. So far I'm digging the new computer. I mean, it's going to take a while to get used to using a PC again after doing the Mac thing for so long, but it will be all right. There are a few things that are going to be a pain in the ass. The biggest one will probably be transferring all my music files, which I'm in the middle of doing right now. See, I wanted to just use my iPod for that. But it turns out that if you have an iPod set up to work with a Mac and you want to use it on a PC, you have to reformat it. And that erases everything on it. So now I'm using a USB drive to transfer the files from one computer to the other, which is a pain because it only holds like 2 gigs at a time.

Classes officially started today, but I don't have anything scheduled for Mondays this semester, so I start tomorrow. I don't feel like I accomplished everything I wanted to during my vacation (most glaringly, I still don't have a job), but I did get a lot done. And I don't have to spend that much time in class, so I should still have time to job hunt and work on some other things I've been meaning to do. Of course, time will tell how demanding my fall classes are. Maybe it will turn out that I'll be working all day every day, as I was during the summer. Either way, I'll make it work. Don't have much choice in the matter, after all. So I would say at this point I'm somewhat apprehensive about the start of the semester, but still excited and determined. I'll check back later this week to let you know how it's going.

No comments: