Saturday, August 2, 2008

Magazine project, job possibility

Okay, so here's my magazine project that I did in my graphics class this week. For an explanation of what the assignment was and exactly what I had to do, see previous posts. I think there's also a link to the original Esquire article in the post before this one. These images are JPEGs, so the resolution isn't great and it might be difficult to read some of the smaller print on the second spread. If you want to see it in greater detail, let me know and I can email you a PDF.

The other piece of news I have right now is that I got a call yesterday from a professor about one of the graduate assistant jobs I applied for a couple weeks ago. I knew they had already filled more than half of the jobs, and I hadn't been contacted by anyone, so I just assumed I wasn't getting a job and I was thinking about other options for making money during the school year that I could look into. So this call really took me by surprise, especially since this was one of the jobs I thought I had the least chance of getting when I applied. It's one of the highest-paying jobs that was available, and also one of the more time-consuming ones, but I've sort of learned to get along without free time or much sleep this summer. So I really want to get this job, but it's no sure thing at this point. The professor told me I'm one of four people that they're looking at, and I have an interview for the job next Friday. So I'll just do my best to impress them when I do my interview, and hope for the best from there.

Okay, not going to write any more now, although there are some other things I'd like to comment on (a lot of sports stuff-- the Manny trade, how the Bills are looking so far, the crazy Brett Favre situation, etc.). I'll probably be back to write more later this weekend, maybe even later today.

-Nick

No comments: