Thursday, August 28, 2008

UPS update.

So I finally got around to calling UPS customer service today, told the guy my whole long story (I was polite), and he told me that they would be able to refund the shipping charge. However, since I originally paid the shipping payment to Wal-Mart, they would have to refund the money to Wal-Mart, then Wal-Mart would pass the money along to me. I was tempted to ask the guy why I couldn't just give him my payment information and have them credit my debit card with the cost of the shipping, but I know he would not have gone for this. They have a protocol in place, and they have to follow it. So he told me to contact Wal-Mart to get them up to date on the situation, and then it will progress from there. I just sent an email to the Wal-Mart customer service department, and that's where things stand for now. I'll let you know if and when I get my money back.

1 comment:

Nick Roberts said...

Received an email from Wal-Mart yesterday. They are going to be crediting my account with the money I originally paid for shipping. Actually, the amount they quoted was about $1.50 more than what I originally paid. And I even told them the exact amount I had been charged when I emailed them the first time. Not sure if it's an error on their part or if they're giving me something extra for some reason, but I'm not going to question it.