Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Last Day

So tomorrow is the last day of boot camp, and it's going to be intense. First of all, I start off the day with the interview for that research job I think I wrote about last week. That's at 9:30, and the professor told me it wouldn't take very long, but I'm still expecting to get to class a little late (I'm supposed to be there at 10).

Then, the day is going to be stressful because I have to finish my final graphics project by 5 (or, more accurately, by 4:15 or 4:30 at the latest, because after you finish the design, then you need to do a quick write-up about it, print everything out, organize your materials so you're ready to hand it in, etc.) I'm having more trouble with this project than I have with any other (and that's saying something-- at one point or another, every project has caused me to start spewing profanity), and I'm somewhat concerned. I'm not worried about my grade-- I've done well on everything so far, so I can afford to get a lower grade on this one without even really hurting myself. What worries me is that I'm seriously doubting my ability to even finish the thing on time. I should have stayed late in the computer lab tonight to work on it, but by the time 5 rolled around, I was so fucking sick of being there and I was getting really hungry and I just decided to bail. In my defense, I did quite a bit of work on it from home tonight. I can't actually work on the design, since I don't have the necessary software on my computer, but I did a lot of research, planning, sketching, etc. Anyway, tomorrow is going to suck, but I'll find a way to do it-- I always do-- and then the summer classes will be over. That's the thing that matters. In less than 18 hours, it will be over, for better or worse.

Okay, that's all for now. I'll write more tomorrow night, when I will presumably be very relieved and happy about having all this behind me. Unless I'm out partying and am therefore unavailable to write anything, which is a possibility. Although I actually think I'll probably be so tired that I'll just want to come back to the apartment and chill out, and save any partying for Saturday. Anyway, I'll be back with more posts over the weekend at some point. Wish me luck.

-Nick

No comments: